The Treatment – Multimodal Pain Therapy
Your Treatment Plan
Depending on your medical history and the cause of your pain, our competence team will work with you on your individual treatment plan with the aim of improving your quality of life, the relieving of pain and the minimum of side effects.
The treatment plan consists of a targeted and defined combination of various treatments. These would include, for example, talk therapy, physiotherapy and/or acupuncture, supporting medicines or bio and neurofeedback.
Our pain-therapists work closely together with the medical colleagues of other disciplines when it comes to discovering and finding the cause of your chronic pain. An example: With back pain due to injury or wear and tear, the neurosurgeons and orthopaedists will solve the cause of the pain as quickly as possible. The pain therapists subsequently work on the erasing of the pain memory and the re-training of your brain to get used to being free of pain.
We would like to first meet you
Carmen Fargel who holds an additional qualification in special pain therapy, will have an in-depth first consultation with you in order to treat your needs accordingly. Your individual treatment plan will be developed based on this consultation and also extensive preliminary examinations which will take place. These examinations include amongst others:
- Intensive physical therapy methods in order to distract the pain perception focus and to positively influence the pain memory.
- Psychotherapy, because chronic pain nearly always has a psychosomatic element.
- The learning of relaxation techniques, how to find peace, tranquillity and to release tensions and blockages in your body and mind.
- Biofeedback, to understand which processes you use and which ones as a result should be deepened.
- Physiotherapy and movement therapy in order to mobilise your musculoskeletal system. Incorrect and relieving postures are corrected and you learn to move in a healthy and pain-free way.
- Special out-patient headache clinic
- Special back school with targeted treatment of incorrect posture and other musculoskeletal problems.
- Therapeutic local anaesthesia
- Block, plexus and spinal anaesthesia
- Blockages of the sympathetic nervous system