Dr. med. Barbara Hawellek offers outpatient treatment in the fields of clinical psychiatry and psychotherapy (individual / group therapy), and her main areas of focus consist of deep psychotherapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP) and philosophical teaching practice. Depending on the condition, treatment may be paired with drug treatment.
Psychiatry and psychotherapy
Our main focus is the therapy of affective disorders like
- bipolar disorder
- anxiety disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- personality disorder
- PTSD (posttraumatic disorder)
- depressive reactions as a result of physical diseases (e.g., cancer)
Thanks to the cooperation with other medical departments at Beta Klinik, we can offer your psycho-oncological crisis intervention, counseling and therapy.
Single and group therapy and treatments
Dr. med. Barbara Hawellek, M.D., carries out psychiatric treatments and psychotherapy (single and group therapy) with focus on depth psychotherapy (depth psychology), cognitive behavioral analysis system of psychotherapy (CBASP) and philosophical teaching practice. Subject to your illness, she takes care of you with drug therapy (pharmacotherapy) and/or psychotherapy.
- affective disorders (e.g., depressions), bipolar affective disorders
- anxiety, obsessive-compulsive and personality disorders
- burn-out (long-term exhaustion)
- cognitive disorders
- psychological crisis about the meaning of one´s life (counseling/philosophical teaching practice)
- psychometrics (psychological measurement, e.g., personality, depression, concentration and cognition measurement)
- optional laboratory diagnostics (blood and cerebrospinal fluid), EEG, MRI of the brain (for ruling out physical causes)