Continence Advisory Service Centre at The Beta Klinik
Dr. med. Sebastian Wille’s private urology practice at The Beta Klinik is the one of the German Continence Society e.V.’s continence advisory centres. In the private urology practice at The Beta Klinik, different issues such as urinary incontinence problems or disorders of the pelvic floor are diagnosed on an interdisciplinary basis and treated holistically.
Patients suffering from urinary incontinence can count on Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Wille, an experienced urologist and empathetic contact partner. The topic of incontinence is an uncomfortable one for many sufferers. Openness and courage help address the issue and lead to patients living a happy and untroubled life once again. Once incontinence has been correctly diagnosed, it can be easily and well treated with simple measures. Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Wille allows ample time for the continence consultation appointments in order to thoroughly talk through the patient’s condition and discuss any pre-existing medical conditions.
The continence advisory service at the centre in The Beta Klinik in Bonn includes:
- Discussion of medical history
- Vaginal examination for women and urogenital examination for men
- Vaginal ultrasound for women, urethra or sphincter ultrasound for men
- Pelvic floor sonography of urethra, bladder and rectum and in addition the anterior and posterior vaginal wall, the vagina and womb for women
- If necessary, a cystoscopy and urodynamic evaluation
Afterwards, the experienced urologist will discuss the type of diagnosed incontinence as well as appropriate treatments with the patients. Many suffering from incontinence can be conservatively treated using various training and therapy procedures for the pelvic floor. Here, the urologist uses different muscular strengthening and ligamentous apparatus techniques. These include:
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Biofeedback therapy to regain the feel for the contracting intensity of the pelvic floor and to build muscle strength of the same
- Pelvic floor training with stochastic resonance therapy (vibrating plate)
- Pelvic floor strengthening magnetic field and wave therapy
- Fascias mobilisation in the pelvic floor
Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Wille also carries out the following operative procedures for strong cases of incontinence.
- Botox injections
- Bladder pacemaker implantation
- Implantation of urethra tapes
- Implantation of an artificial sphincter muscle
- Bladder prolapse corrective surgery
After the operation, the patients are shown how to regain control of their bladders using targeted pelvic floor exercises or muscle training by means of biofeedback.
Prof. Dr. Sebastian Wille has examined and successfully treated incontinence for many years. In order to be an official certified continence advisory centre, the German Continence Society e.V. ensures the urologist carries out a special examination and testing procedure. This certifies that the urologist is specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of incontinence and other urination disorders according to the guidelines of the Society.
You can find out how to make an appointment with Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Wille’s Continence Advisory Service Centre here.